Thursday, August 18, 2011

Update: Tatuaje Cazadores Reserva


I had another Tatuaje Cazadores Reserva (Petit: 4" x 40) last night.  As some of you may remember, the last time I tried one of these I came away very unimpressed.  The tastes were overpowering and nondistinct, and downright unpleasant after a while.

Well, I'm sorry to report that my first experience wasn't a one-time thing.  The one I had last night was even worse.  The same tastes, still muddled and overbearing, with construction issues to boot: it burned very unevenly (when you have to touch up a 4" cigar three times you know something's wrong) and it actually went out on me twice.  Since I got them from different people, at different times, and even stored them in different humidors, I have to conclude that this is no fault of my own - unless I have some genetic defect that renders me incapable of enjoying them.

I'm not giving up on Tats altogether - I still have a Miami, an Havana VI and an Ambos Mundos in the humi and I've loved the Cabaiguans I've had.  Maybe I'm just not a Cazadores Reserva kind of guy.  I still see plenty of glowing reviews, but I'm not buying the hype on this one.

If you've had one and not liked it, leave a comment and let me know I'm not alone.

Appearance and Construction:  10/15
Flavor:  10/25
Smoking Characteristics:  18/25
Overall Impression:  16/35

Total:  54/100

No comments:

Post a Comment