Saturday, September 4, 2010

Oliva Serie 'O'



The Oliva Serie 'O' (Robusto: 5" x 50) may deserve a better writeup than I'm going to give it.  At the time of smoking, I was working my way through my 5th, 6th and 7th servings of Jerry Gibson's dangerously good rum punch.  As a result, many of the details of the afternoon have escaped me.  I do remember that the Oliva had an easy draw and a consistent burn, and a solid salt-and-pepper ash.  The last third of the Oliva burned a little hot, but I may have been over-smoking it.  The flavor was... well honestly, I don't remember.  In any case, it wasn't remarkably good or remarkably bad.  In the spirit of fairness, I'm going to have to try another one sometime.  (Poor me!)

Appearance and Construction:  12/15
Flavor:  18/25
Smoking Characteristics:  22/25
Overall Impression:  25/35

Total:  77/100

No comments:

Post a Comment